The IND provides active and proactive information services for sustainable agricultural production in the Pacific. IRETA actively sources, documents and delivers regional information needs of the stakeholders in most appropriate and cost effective manner.
What is IND?
- IND stands for Information and Networking Department
- It was established in the 1980's
- It is located in the main library
- IND is a department of IRETA (Institute for
- Research, Extension and Training in Agriculture)
- Our department is funded by CTA/IRETA
- In IND's regional resource file, we have a collection of more than 4,000 agricultural publications
What we do
- Identify, collect, catalogue & record in our database relevant agricultural information
- Support Agricultural Liaison Officers via provision of agricultural information
- Provide agricultural advisory services and support to national agricultural libraries and information centers
- Support & assist Question and Answer Services
- We disseminate and share agricultural information
How can IND help you?
- We can direct you to your ALO
- We will look for the information that you want free of charge from our collection and from within the region
- We will photocopy the information that you want (of reasonable length) free of charge